Brookhaven Movers

Brookhaven became a city in 2012. The area had formerly been incorporated as North Atlanta but was dissolved by public referendum in 1965.

Brookhaven consists of a thin tract about a mile wide running from 285 east of Pill Hill south to I-85 stretching from slightly east of Peachtree Creek to Clairmont Road.

Brookhaven Country Club is just less than half within city limits.

Oglethorpe University resides within Brookhaven, the Brookhaven Marta Station is on the Gold Line and is about 3/4 mile south of Oglethorpe University.

Tucker Movers

Tucker Georgia was incorporated into a city in 2015.

Tucker is home to Matthews Cafeteria.

Historians believe 30 or more cemeteries within a few miles of Main Street contain the graves of 30 or more revolutionary era (1770’s) settlers, including four Revolutionary War soldiers.

Tucker is home to Dekalb County Fire and Rescue Station 5 and 22.

Choosing Atlanta Movers …

Atlanta Movers, Mark the Mover, chosen by Mableton families for their reliability and care. Mark the Mover has decades of experience delivering quality moving services for households throughout Atlanta and the suburbs. Visit our home page.

Mableton Movers

Mableton is named for Robert Mable, a Scottish immigrant who purchased 300 acres of land in the area during the 1832 Georgia Land Lottery.

Mableton grew in the 19th century partly due to Nickajack Creek, which provide power for saw and textile mills.

During the Civil War, Union Troops re-provisioned at the Robert Mable house, and his estate was not burned by the notorious Sherman, whose officer Walter Q. Gresham also received medical care.

Incorporation as a Georgia municipality had a rocky start, lasting at first only from 1912 to 1916, when a flood threatened the towns finances, and they had to disband to garner the funds for repairs from Cobb County.

Choosing Atlanta Movers …

Atlanta Movers, Mark the Mover, chosen by Mableton families for their reliability and care. Mark the Mover has decades of experience delivering quality moving services for households throughout Atlanta and the suburbs. Visit our home page.

Smyrna Movers

The first historical references to the Smyrna Camp Ground refer to a religious retreat of sorts welcoming all denominations. The Civil War had a Battle of Smyrna Camp Ground, but the municipality of Smyrna was finally incorporated in 1872.

Prior to the war, railroads had been laid in the area, also the area was sometimes called Varner’s Station and Ruff’s Siding.

The Ruff Family bought a mill near the Concord Covered Bridge.

Geographically, Smyrna is just outside the perimeter under Marietta and north of Mableton. Most of Smyrna is north of the East-West Connector, but a residential area is south of the connector.

Sometimes called the Jonquil City, the Jonquil is a flower in the daffodil family.

Choosing Atlanta Movers …

Atlanta Movers, Mark the Mover, chosen by Smyrna families for their reliability and care. Mark the Mover has decades of experience delivering quality moving services for households throughout Atlanta and the suburbs. Visit our home page.

Canton Movers

Canton is on 575 near Ball Ground Georgia. Canton is in the northern region of the Piedmont plain south of the Blue Ridge Mountains region. Canton formed in the 1830’s and the name was chosen because like the city of Canton, China, locals wanted to make their area the center of the silk industry for America.

William T. Sherman burned Canton in early November of 1864, along with nearby Cassville Georgia, which never recovered. Canton rebuilt and became prosperous for not silk, but denim.

Water resources allowed the construction of several mills powering industry. Post Civil War, the Canton Cotton Mills produced a famous denim fabric and Pilgrims Pride, created by Central Soya Corporation, became a major a poultry concern. These industries helped cement Canton’s role as a prosperous Georgia municipality.

Cherokee County Regional Airport
Cherokee County Justice Center

Grayson Movers

Grayson Georgia is filled with names like Brand, Chandler and Cooper, town founder James Patterson McConnell along with John E. Jacobs, Grayson’s first mayor, founded what became Grayson. In Gwinnett County, Georgia, the region around Grayson was territory of the Lower Creek and Cherokee Indians. In February 1784 Franklin County, which is now part of Gwinnett, began settlement by Europeans. Legislation put the price of land at 3 shillings an acre and limited settlers to 1000 acres maximum. Land Lotteries spread estates to settlers and parts east of the Appalachee River became Gwinnett County in December of 1818.

Early names of settlements were New Hope, Tribble’s Mill and Haynes Creek. The McElvaney family ran the Bay Creek post office in their mill. In 1877 Georgia Militia District was created and the Grayson area was named Bay Creek District, probably because of the native Bay trees. John E. Jacobs, Grayson’s first mayor wrote to the Post Department requesting that the town name be changed to Berkeley. An Act by the General Assembly of Georgia approved and Berkeley was incorporated December 16, 1901. However, this name was already used in Georgia and after trying names like Graymont consesus landed on Grayson, which was finalized in 1902. The L & L Railroad was built through Grayson in 1898 and went from Lawrenceville to Loganville Georgia. Grayson is north east of Atlanta Georgia, also north and east of Buford Ga and the Mall of Georgia.

Dunwoody Movers

Mark the Mover is an Atlanta moving and storage company with 20,000 square feet of full service climate controlled storage in the midtown area. Mark the Mover is located in Fulton County Georgia, and less than 20 minutes from Dunwoody Georgia. Also serving commercial customers at the Perimeter Mall and the King and Queen buildings, Mark the Mover uses modern moving trucks equipped with modern moving equipment and with plenty of shrink wrap and moving pads.

Major Charles Dunwody, Born in 1828, died in 1905

Charles Dunwody fought for the Confederate Army and survived the American War of Northern Aggression. Major Dunwody returned to the Roswell area after the war. Charles Dunwody rebuilt a covered bridge over the Chatahoochie River in 1869. The first covered bridge at the Johnson’s Ferry historical location was built by John Lowery in the 1850’s, but was burned by a Confederate battalion to slow Union troops moving down from Kennesaw. More information is at a nice site of historical markings called waymarking.com

Dunwoody is at the most northern point of Dekalb County North of the perimeter highway I-285. Dekalb County has a North South western border that crosses the I-285 border almost right down the middle lanes of Georgia 400. Dunwoody extends up to the borders of the county and so borders Fulton County to the west about one half mile east of Georgia 400 precisely along the county line and Gwinnett County to the east.

Dunwoody Spelling Error

Dunwoody is not the only thing misspelled north of the perimeter. Holcomb Bridge should be spelled with an `e’ on the end, the Holcombes lived in the Chattahoochee River area and owned a covered bridge there. It was called Holcombe’s Bridge. Dunwoody is spelled wrong, the man for whom the area was named is Charles Dunwody. The name is even misspelled on his grave marker at a Roswell cemetery, though the grave marker next to his, his wife’s, is spelled Dunwody.

Chamblee Movers

Chamblee, incorporated by the Georgia legislature on August 17, 1908 in DeKalb County.

Why Chamblee?

Perhaps the 1885 petition for the U.S. Postal Service at Roswell Junction. The U.S.P.S. did not want Roswell Junction, because of nearby city of Roswell, and picked “Chamblee” from the list of petitioners. The Chamblee selected was an African-American railroad worker. In another version, the Chamblee’s founded the town. Chamblee has been known for dairies, railroads and the military. The Norfolk Southern Railroad and the Roswell Railroad cross in Chamblee. In 1917, Chamblee’s dairy land was turned into Camp Gordon. The new military base grew with 1,200 buildings and became home to 40,000 military personnel. After World War I the military decommissioned Camp Gordon only to reestablish it in 1941 as a Navy Flight Training Center. Lawson Veterans Hospital was added, specializing in amputees to use prosthetic limbs. After World War II, General Motors opened their plant in neighboring Doraville. Corporations like Frito-Lay and Kodak built plants and provided a strong tax base and employment.

Since the 1980’s, the International Village overlay was the first zoning in metro Atlanta for mixed-use development and pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods. The City received a multi-million dollar redevelopment along Buford Highway the International Village area for it’s effort. The City also protected the historic downtown now nationally recognized as Antique Row. Another landmark of Chamblee Georgia is Peachtree-Dekalb Airport.

Avondale Estates

Avondale Estates Mover- in DeKalb County, Georgia, United States, population 2,700.

Founded in 1924 by George Francis Willis, Avondale Estates was once called Ingleside and Willis wanted to create a planned community. Named after Stratford-upon-Avon, England, birthplace of Shakespeare, it has a Tudor look driving through from 285 to Decatur on 278. Features include Lake Avondale, a High School, Middle School and Grade School. Museum School of Avondale Estates is a Georgia Charter School opened in 2010.

At two acres, Avondale Lake is a pond with benches and a park frequented by geese moving south in the winter and north in the summer. From Covington Road, look for Lakeshore Drive just east of Avondale Estates First Baptist Church and Avondale Elementary School.

Atlanta Moving Services

With decades of experience as Atlanta Movers, Mark the Mover is known for care and reliability and is a first choice among households in Avondale Estates for moving companies, moving and storage, local household moving and moving and packing.

Druid Hills

Druid Hills Historic District

With the destruction of the Civil War and the transformation of the Peachtree Road Corridor from residential to commercial, the existence of old south residences in Atlanta has all but disappeared. However, the Druid Hills area contains a plethora of historical homes from the early 1900’s. The National Park Service maintains that this area is rich in examples of period architecture. The area became a canvas for famed urban planner Frederick Law Olmsted and the area became a retreat for Atlanta’s political, professional and commercial families.

Olmsted was pursued by Joel Hurt, an Atlanta developer interested in capitalizing on the expanding Atlanta housing market around 1900 to create livable suburbs. With the advent of commuter rail and the automobile, well to do shakers and movers looked to Hurt for more bucolic housing scenarios. With his partnership with Olmsted, Hurt brought in the designer best known at that time for planning Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, the Capitol grounds in Washington DC and for his role in designing Washington Park in Chicago. Olmsted’s vision is observed on Ponce de Leon east of Highland running through the Fernbank museum area and bordering the Emory University district. He foresaw a divided boulevard for Ponce de Leon with park space in the median. Still a prosperous and bustling center for Dekalb County, it is also bordered to the east by the county seat, Decatur Georgia. A rolling landscape with lush greenery and an international influence, it remains a mostly residential area that also boasts the Druid Hills Golf Club and near by East Lake Golf Club where the 2013 Tour Championship runs from September 19 through 22, sponsored by Coca-Cola.